Radiation simulator for severe accidents
ESTE SIM is a software application connected to the full scope simulator of the reactor (implemented e. g. at Mochovce 12 and Mochovce 34 full scope simulator). The task of the application is to calculate radiological parameters at the primary circuit, in confinement, in the reactor hall, in intermediate circuits, in main control room, in the ventilation stack, at the area of NPP and at emergency planning zone of NPP.
Models implemented in the system ESTE SIM:
- model to calculate dose rate around the primary circuit, as a function of corresponding activity of the coolant medium in the primary circuit.
- model to calculate dose rate in the confinement, as a function of activity of the air mass and water/steam mixture in the confinement atmosphere.
- model to calculate dose rate in the reactor hall, taking into account the effect of activity in the confinement rooms around the reactor hall.
- model to calculate dose rate in the ventilation stack as a function of the airborne activity in the stack.
- model to calculate dose rate in the control room as a function of activity of air mass in the surrounding area and activity of air directly inside the control room.
- model of radioactive cloud dispersion in the area of NPP, a model to calculate dose rate in the place of the dose rate measurement (i.e. with the real geometry including collimation of the detectors).
- model of radioactive cloud dispersion in the vicinity of NPP (inside and outside the emergency planning zone).